Who I am
“I’m not that stereotypical “gay boy.” But that doesn’t bother me, because I know who I am. Some people's reactions are priceless when I tell them I'm into guys.”
“Expressing myself in an androgynous way means giving myself the freedom to explore how the genders, man and woman, can co-exist as one beyond the binary.”
“How I express myself falls more on the femme side. I always tell myself that at the end of everything what really matters is my journey and the stories I tell. So I get to decide what it means for me.”
"When I was a kid my mother would always force me to wear dresses, but it never felt right. I realized that by giving myself the freedom to explore without judgement was super important to finding my true self."
We've reinvented the sizing system
Now you can shop across the whole gender spectrum without compromising design, style, or fit.How we did it
Why did VEEA Exist?
1. There has never been an inclusive androgynous clothing brand that truly designs style and fit across the whole gender spectrum without compromises.
2. Current sizing systems are divided into men's and women’s designs, styles and fit. This divide has limited us to shop and express ourselves freely.
3. Some brands are jumping on the market to offer more unisex or gender-fluid clothing. However, unisex and gender-free clothing largely refers to oversized basics, loose silhouettes, neutral colors, T-shirts, and hoodies for everyone. They never really truly push the envelope.
4. High-end fashion designers who are offering androgynous styles are over priced and are still divided by men and women’s category.
5. We have been settling for t-shirts and whatever we find in the women's, men's and boy’s department in hope that once we bring it home it’ll fit because we couldn’t properly try it on. Those who likes to dress more on the masculine spectrum with a female anatomy are stuck with very limited selection, ill-fitting button-ups from large wide sleeves, shoulder seams that sit at the wrong spot, extra fabric gathering in the arms, around the waist, hip hugging pants, oversized clothing and T-shirts. On the other end, those who like to dress more feminine with a male anatomy are stuck with completely nothing.
6. Shopping has become such a pain and can be so frustrating which makes us feel invalid, anxious, and singled out. It’s hard to really find what we want that will fit because of the way style and size has been divided. Most of the time we receive weird looks from sales staff if we want to try on something they think is supposed to be for the opposite gender. And at times we even receive discrimination or get pushed away to another section or fitting room.
7. Fashion conformity not only exists between men and women styles, but also within the community. There are stereotypes about how lesbians, gays, non-binaries, gender-fluid, and or transgender should be dressed. So there are prejudices and lack of compassion towards one another.
Fashion is genderless regardless.
Due to the pandemic our campaign will be launch in March 2021.
We would love for you to be apart of our journey. Your insight, thoughts, and sense of style will inspire our designs to bring you the best of the best. Designs that you are sure to love.Take Questionaire
We design to push the boundaries
Awesome quality designs
No oversized basics, loose silhouettes, uninspired t-shirts, and baggy hoodies. Just well-thought out designs to make you feel great and look awesome. We know that fashion can mean different things at different times in your lives. For some, it allows them to pass and remove boundaries of a gender assigned to them. For others, it’s a way to ask questions, explore, reinvent, transform, or curate a whole new gender away from the binary and gender norms.
We don’t believe in the standard sizing development process currently used in the fashion industry where only one size is fitted and altered on only one fit model. At our studio every single size and design are fitted and altered on at least 5 different body shapes within each size. This detailed process helps to make sure our fit is to perfection.
We know your shopping pains and frustrations. The feelings of being singled out, invalidation, and anxiety are no stranger to us. We know you’ve have been settling for whatever you can find in the women’s, men’s or boy’s department in hopes that when you bring it home it’ll fit because you couldn’t properly try it on at the store.
We know that shopping online doesn’t make it any better either. Why?
1. You can’t properly see, feel, or try on the clothes.
2. You are paying full price for two of the same shirts just to figure out your size.
3. If things don’t work out, you must wait for weeks to get a refund on what you return. And sometimes you even have to pay for your own return shipping.
Introducing the VEEA Box where you can pick up to any 5 items and try it in the comfort of your home. This is not a subscription. For each box you pay a small $20 non-refundable pre-paid credit, which will be applied towards the purchase of whatever you keep from that box.
Become a VEEA Brand Ambassador
Do you have what it takes to lead and empower our GNC, nonbinary, and LGBTQ+ community? We are looking for confident, stylish, creative, inspiring individuals who are driven by the passion to make the world a better, safer, and more understanding place.Ambassador benefits
We are an inclusive brand
We've created a safe unifying place where you can identify as yourself to be accepted, validated, and loved to truly express who you are. A brand built from compassion, support, and love for a better safer world.Our Story
Awesome Quality Designs
We are not a fast fashion brand. We don't follow the trends. We don't launch collections. All our designs are put through a filtering process where you guys help us decide which items to produce. We only make what you're gonna love and cherish for years.
Lower environmental Impact
The clothing industry emits 1.7 billions tons of C02 per year, more than the amount produced by international flights and shipping. We use waste materials such as deadstock fabrics and work with environmentally conscience partners to produce our clothes.
We care about the working conditions of our manufacturing partners and in-house production team. Creating a culture where our employees are provided with great benefits, competitive pay and a happy balanced work life is an essential part of building a great brand.
Back in 2012 when we first launched our brand VEEA, we were providing menswear inspired designs to androgynous women. We were just scratching the surface. To me, being an androgynous brand means breaking the patriarchal boundaries that society imposes for each gender role and embracing both in a non-discriminative way. It’s not just about women wearing suits and men wearing heels or skirts. It needed to be a platform where gender non-conforming, non-binary and LGBTQ+ individuals really have the freedom to explore, represent, express, or find their true essence across the whole gender spectrum. Because it’s bigger than fashion, it’s life.
Androgynous fashion is about embracing your own identity. It’s not about fitting into a box. It’s not lesbian, tomboy, gay, butch, girly, or manly. It’s not masculine or feminine, it’s both. Yet it doesn’t require you to take on either of those social roles. So you can focus more on just being your authentic self. Stay true.
Sending you all my love and support,
Founder & Chief Designer